Air cargo has revolutionized the transportation and logistics industries.
There’s no denying the benefits of Air Freight, which include speed, safety and more. And though the benefits are large in number, there are several items that cannot be shipped via this means of transportation without first getting special approval.
For the most part, the five following groups of items cannot be shipped unless special approval has been obtained.
1) Only lighters that don’t contain unabsorbed liquid fuel can be brought on cargo flights. Lighter fuel and lighter refills are not permitted. In addition, firearms and ammunition cannot be shipped unless permission has been acquired.
2) Alcohol cannot be shipped if it’s not in its original retail package. In addition, if the alcohol content is below 24 percent or above 70 percent, it cannot be shipped without permission.
3) Flammable liquids, including camphor oil, gasoline, turpentine, paint, and engine starting fluid all need special permission before being able to be shipped.
4) Lab chemicals, oxidizers, sulfuric acid, corrosive items, organic peroxides, and potassium permanganate require special permission.
5) Never are non-prescribed narcotics, as well as any type of psychotropic drug, including cocaine, methamphetamine, opium, marijuana, morphine and heroin allowed to be shipped.
When a person chooses to take advantage of air cargo, it’s important to make sure the item(s) being shipped won’t violate any domestic or international shipping laws. In addition, the person needs to contact an air cargo company of his or her choice and ask about any items that are restricted.
If you need ship one of these goods and need a Spain freight forwarder can handle, NF Spain can offer you air cargo.